My aim is to realize my technical and artistic skills and to be a part of professional team. Team worker, hard working and dedicated professional who wants to meet the challenges posed in the game development industry.
Visual Effects Artist in particle effects, dynamics and fluid simulations. Visual understanding of real world and stylistic FX. Excellent understanding of real-time particle systems. Experience with major 3D package particles/dynamics/fluids and particle expressions (special effect Rigs). In-game visual effects such as: debris, sparks, smoke, fire, water, explosions, impacts, bullet hits, environmental FX. Baked animated destructions and vertex deformations.
Experience with Unreal 3 Engine and Xray Engine. Understanding of render pipelines and knowledge of render techniques (Forward, Deferred Rendering). Traditional art skills. Ability to create tools and provide efficient working pipelines. Self-motivated, no supervision needed. Great organizational skills, creative thinking in resolving technical challenges and limitations. Communicative, quick learner.
2d/3d skills: Particle Effects, Shading, Post Process Techniques, Lighting, Rigging, Animation, Modeling, UV-ing, Texturing.
Programming skills: Python, MEL, HLSL, basic C++.
GIANTS Software | Senior Technical 3D Artist
July 2013 – Present (6 years 2 months)
Farming Simulator games series (PC, PS4, PS3, XBOX One, XBOX 360, 3DS, PSvita, iOS, Android, Amazon Kindle, Windows 8 / RT / Phone)
- Shaders coding (HLSL-style language).
- GIANTS Editor coding (LUA).
- Maya, Houdini, Blender, 3DsMax coding (python, vex, maxscript).
- Visual effects creation (particles, shaders).
- Outsource management.
Software: Giants Engine, Maya, Houdini, Blender, 3DS Max, Substance Designer, Photoshop.
Acony Games | VFX Artist
April 2011 – June 2013 (2 years 3 months)
BulletRun F2P FPS (PC)
- Created Particle VFX.
- Created Tools for Maya (Python).
- Simulated physics for baked animations.
- Created Environmental animations ( Vertex Shader and Skeleton ).
Software: Unreal Engine 3, Maya, Blender, 3DS Max ( FumeFX ), Photoshop.
GSC Game World | Technical Artist
October 2009 – April 2011 (1 year 7 months)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (canceled)
- Shader prototyping (skin, foliage, fur, etc.).
- Designing structure for Particle Editor and Shader editor.
- Writing and supporting automatic exporting and reexporting plugin for Maya using Python Maya API classes.
- Designing Physics plugin for Maya.
Software: Xray Engine 2, Maya, Nvidia FX Composer, ShaderFX, Photoshop.
GSC Game World | Lead Level Artist
October 2008 — September 2009 (1 year )
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (PC)
- Task scheduling and managing a team of artists of 8 persons.
- Technical support to the art team.
- Providing communication between the art and programming departments.
- Training of new employees.
- Creating and maintaining technical art pipeline documentation.
- Creating lighting and particle effects.
Software: Microsoft Project, Xray Engine, Maya, Mudbox, 3D-Coat, DarkTree, Photoshop, GIMP.
GSC Game World | Level Artist
August 2006 — September 2008 (2 years 2 months)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (PC)
- Single and Multiplayer map planning, prototyping and creation.
- Creating physical and animated environment objects – modeling, texturing, rigging, animation and final setup in XRay’s Engine Editors.
- Creating modeling tools using Maya’s MEL scripting language.
- Supporting Mod-making community.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (PC)
- Supporting multiplayer maps: re-lighting scenes, gameplay balancing, fixing bugs, geometry optimization, providing additional content.
- Creating and supporting SDK, providing documentation for public.
- Modeling and texturing props and environments.
Software: Xray Engine, Maya, AutoCAD, Mudbox, Photoshop.
Archistyle | CG Artist
February 2006 — August 2006 (7 months)
Took part in developing architectural projects for the city of Sumy, Ukraine.
- Modeling, texturing, rendering.
Software: AutoCAD, 3DS Max, Vray, MentalRay, Photoshop.
Static X Studio | CG Artist
September 2003 — February 2006 (2 years 6 months)
Shipped Game Titles:
X-Ray ball, Dragon Puzzle, PacaJuma Quest, Ice Puzzle Deluxe
I was a member of an independent developers team.
We were publishing our games through portals like BigFishGames, Alawar Ent.
Software: 3DS Max, Vray, MentalRay, Photoshop.
Sums’kij Derzavnij Universitet
Specialist degree in Informatics, 2001 — 2006
Sumy Art School
Painting, graphics, sculpture, history of art 1993 — 1998