My aim is to realize my technical and artistic skills and to be a part of professional team. Team worker, hard working and dedicated professional who wants to meet the challenges posed in the game development industry.
– procedural content creation using Houdini
– realtime shaders hlsl
– realtime particle systems
Understanding of render pipelines and knowledge of render techniques (Forward, Deferred Rendering). Traditional art skills. Ability to create tools and provide efficient working pipelines. Self-motivated, no supervision needed. Great organizational skills, creative thinking in resolving technical challenges and limitations. Communicative, quick learner.
Specialties: Maya, Houdini, Blender, Photoshop, Substance Designer, Unreal Engine
Programming skills: Python, vex, HLSL, basic C++.
GIANTS Software | Senior Technical 3D Artist
July 2013 – Present (7 years 10 months)
Farming Simulator games series (PC, PS4, PS3, XBOX One, XBOX 360, 3DS, PSvita, iOS, Android, Amazon Kindle, Windows 8 / RT / Phone)
- Shaders coding (HLSL-style language).
- GIANTS Editor coding (LUA).
- Maya, Houdini, Blender, 3DsMax coding (python, vex, maxscript).
- Visual effects creation (particles, shaders).
- Outsource management.
Software: Giants Engine, Maya, Houdini, Blender, 3DS Max, Substance Designer, Photoshop.
Acony Games | VFX Artist
April 2011 – June 2013 (2 years 3 months)
BulletRun F2P FPS (PC)
- Created Particle VFX.
- Created Tools for Maya (Python).
- Simulated physics for baked animations.
- Created Environmental animations ( Vertex Shader and Skeleton ).
Software: Unreal Engine 3, Maya, Blender, 3DS Max ( FumeFX ), Photoshop.
GSC Game World | Technical Artist
October 2009 – April 2011 (1 year 7 months)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (canceled)
- Shader prototyping (skin, foliage, fur, etc.).
- Designing structure for Particle Editor and Shader editor.
- Writing and supporting automatic exporting and reexporting plugin for Maya using Python Maya API classes.
- Designing Physics plugin for Maya.
Software: Xray Engine 2, Maya, Nvidia FX Composer, ShaderFX, Photoshop.
GSC Game World | Lead Level Artist
October 2008 — September 2009 (1 year )
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (PC)
- Task scheduling and managing a team of artists of 8 persons.
- Technical support to the art team.
- Providing communication between the art and programming departments.
- Training of new employees.
- Creating and maintaining technical art pipeline documentation.
- Creating lighting and particle effects.
Software: Microsoft Project, Xray Engine, Maya, Mudbox, 3D-Coat, DarkTree, Photoshop, GIMP.
GSC Game World | Level Artist
August 2006 — September 2008 (2 years 2 months)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (PC)
- Single and Multiplayer map planning, prototyping and creation.
- Creating physical and animated environment objects – modeling, texturing, rigging, animation and final setup in XRay’s Engine Editors.
- Creating modeling tools using Maya’s MEL scripting language.
- Supporting Mod-making community.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (PC)
- Supporting multiplayer maps: re-lighting scenes, gameplay balancing, fixing bugs, geometry optimization, providing additional content.
- Creating and supporting SDK, providing documentation for public.
- Modeling and texturing props and environments.
Software: Xray Engine, Maya, AutoCAD, Mudbox, Photoshop.
Archistyle | CG Artist
February 2006 — August 2006 (7 months)
Took part in developing architectural projects for the city of Sumy, Ukraine.
- Modeling, texturing, rendering.
Software: AutoCAD, 3DS Max, Vray, MentalRay, Photoshop.
Static X Studio | CG Artist
September 2003 — February 2006 (2 years 6 months)
Shipped Game Titles:
X-Ray ball, Dragon Puzzle, PacaJuma Quest, Ice Puzzle Deluxe
I was a member of an independent developers team.
We were publishing our games through portals like BigFishGames, Alawar Ent.
Software: 3DS Max, Vray, MentalRay, Photoshop.
Sums’kij Derzavnij Universitet
Specialist degree in Informatics, 2001 — 2006
Sumy Art School
Painting, graphics, sculpture, history of art 1993 — 1998